Monday, March 22, 2010

--where did the big dreams go?--hello to the rocks in my shoes

when men open doors and walk into the rain at

3 a.m.
like apes trying relocate their last stool
when sleep wants to kill itself
and somebody richer than you
mounts a machine gun upon his roof
to at you as you search
garbage cans
I say,
--hello to rocks in the sun
--how long does love stay green?

as your heart lies next to a dead chicken
outside of a liquor store
as the pain screams in your cemetary bones
I say,
--where did the big dreams go?
--hello to the rocks in my shoes

and i can buy a rifle for ten dollars and
the collected works of Karl Marx
and a loaf of bread runs with ants
and they'll find me snoring on the road to
somewhere else I've been dreaming of
and mistake me for a snake
I'll say,
--you can fuck with me
--just leave me my ribs.

0 comments: